Are you paying with your health? You're not alone in your financial struggles. Research shows that over 70%* of Americans report having financial stress. If you find your physical health suffering as a result of your monetary concerns, this latest installment of our Credit U series is for you.
Did you know? According to the American Psychological Association (APA),
- 12%** of Americans have reported missing a doctor's appointment due to healthcare costs
- 80%** of individuals report their financial woes are keeping them awake at night
- 21%** of couples report stress in their marriage and an increased likelihood of arguments due to financial problems
- 32%** of adults report that their finances keep them from living a healthy lifestyle, resulting in poorer choices regarding diet and/or exercise
The Stress in America Survey
Since 2007, the American Psychological Association (APA) has conducted an annual nationwide survey that "measures attitudes and perceptions of stress among the general public and identifies leading sources of stress, common behaviors used to manage stress and the impact of stress on our lives."** In fact, the survey cites money as the number one stressor for American adults, more than concerns with work, family responsibilities, or health. Health is reported on the survey as being the stressor of least concern, which perhaps indicates the decline of overall national health.
We encourage you to read the complete report, "Stress in America: Paying With Our Health," HERE.
How We Can Help
As a Telcoe member, you're eligible for free financial counseling from Accel, our personal money management partner. Accel provides our members with the most comprehensive financial support system out there. With 45 years of experience behind them, Accel has the personalized answers you need to address a wide range of financial concerns, including:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your credit report and improving your credit score
- Money management
- Debt repayment
- Housing counseling
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession
The best part? It is truly, absolutely FREE to our members.
Money should never cause you to neglect your health, cause stress in your relationships, or make you miss out on the moments in life that mean the most. If you find yourself struggling with financial issues, contact Telcoe Federal Credit Union today!